You know I love country music, and music makes me so happy, so I listen as much as possible. I heard Tim McGraw's song "My Next 30 Years" this morning, and it made my mind swirl thinking about all that's happened so far, and all that's yet to come. Thirty years is a big chunk of time. If we live healthy lifestyles and are blessed with the right genetics, we will hopefully have three of these "chunks" throughout our lifetime. So using thirty years for a moment as a measure, doesn't it make your mind start taking an inventory of what life has given us? And what we have left?
When I was, say, in high school, I looked at 30 as a benchmark for getting "old." (Since I've hit and surpassed that benchmark, I have to say that I've changed my mind!) If I take inventory of where I am, it is NOTHING like where I thought I'd be. But as a part of growing up, I think, there's much to be said in embracing the discrepancy there. If I was where I thought I'd be, I would be missing some of the joys that my life holds today.
And if I look forward thirty years, it blows my mind thinking of what's out there for me yet. Of course we're never guaranteed another day, but if there are thirty more years' worth for me, my heart is happy thinking about what I have left. So what's left to do but go make it happen? :) Life is about goals and dreams, and then about the heart and soul and motivation to go chase those dreams and make those goals into accomplishments.
I'm taking another big step next week as I start back to work with the bank that bought my former employer. This is going to be a great move, and one that will ultimately bring me closer to Brandon and closer to our dream of settling down and growing our family. Maybe it will go as planned, and maybe it won't, but whatever God sends our way, I want to make this "next 30 years" the best ones yet. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment